Level 3 Horse Management
The Doncaster Equine College Level 3 Horse Management course is suitable for those who have achieved Level 2 in Horse Care or have relevant industry experienced. The course is designed to provide you with the skills and a vocational qualification so that you can work within the equine industry.
The units are:
- Understand and Promote Animal Health
- Select, Fit and Evaluate Horse Tack and Equipment
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Prepare Horses for Presentation
- Undertake Stable and Yard Management
- Understand Animal Anatomy and Physiology
- Riding and exercising horses
- Understand the Principles of Equitation
- Business Management in the Land-based Sector
- Contribute to Managing an Equine Event
- Working horses from the ground
Please note these may change for next year.
In addition to your course you will attend regular tutorials. You will also complete a riding certificate (if relevant) and functional skills in Maths and English.