The Doncaster Equine College Level 2 Horse Care courses are suitable for those who have achieved Level 1 in Horse Care or have relevant industry experience.
The courses are designed to provide you with the skills and a vocational qualification so that you can work within the equine industry.
We offer two pathways;
City and Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care.
This route is for someone who intends on going to university.
Work will be assessed using a variety of written assignments, practical assessments and formally externally marked exams.
- Programme runs from September to July
- Full time, minimum 17 ½ hours per week
- Riding or non riding option
- Progression onto Level 3 Horse Care
- Health and safety for the land-based industries
- Working in the equine industry
- Equine health and welfare
- Horse tack and equipment
- Undertake routine stable duties
- The principles of feeding and watering horses
- Horse handling and grooming
- Introduction to lunging horses
- 150hrs work experience
- Equine anatomy and physiology
- Horse behaviour
- Riding horses on the flat
- Riding horses for exercise
- Keeping horses at grass
- Assisting with the transportation of horses
- Assisting with the care of competition horses
- Land and environmental business